SANTA CRUZ ISLAND GETAWAY!!
Activity: Hiking, camping, beach
Difficulty: Reeaal mellow
Cost: Member: $160 Non-Member: $200
Meet: Meet 7am @ TroGro (across from EVK)
Return: Back at USC by 8:00 PM on Sunday
School got you down? LA hustle and bustle slowly eating away at your soul? Join Elliot and Arthur on a mellow weekend trip to Channel Islands National park to *unwind*.
After a mellow boat ride (hopefully we’ll see some whales!) we will set up camp on beautiful Santa Cruz island and make that our base for a relaxing weekend of hiking, snorkeling and beaching. Expect some sick views, ?wildflowers? and constantly fighting off the cute but persistent island foxes. Get stoked for long slow days, epic sunrises and sunsets and soothing guitar chords around a fire (assuming someone can play the guitar cuz we sure can’t). It’s the perfect weekend island getaway.
What to Bring:
• Sleeping bag
• Sleeping pad
• Hiking socks + warm camp socks <— socks are important
• Comfortable hiking clothes (shirt + shorts)
• Warm base layers (leggings, long undies, long sleeve etc)
• Warm outer layers (fleece, puffy, sweater)
• Sun protection/hat
• Toiletries and meds
• Hiking boots
• Comfy camp shoes
• Mess kit (bowl and fork or tupperware or frisbee or spork)
• Cameras/musical instrument/groovy glasses/frisbee optional but HIGHLY recomended
• Swim stuff! (trunks/suit, snorkel, mask, fins)
• Hammock if you got one!